Monday, January 19, 2009

answered prayer


Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen

Ephesians 3:20-21

Praise the Lord for hearing us. No, we haven't found a buyer for our house, but we are seeing the Lord at work. About a week ago, I was surfing around for affordable plane tickets for. We weren't planning on a trip, but I was hoping for one. I wanted to go back and see the farm again, to share it with my husband. I thought seeing it would help grow us together in this journey. I wanted to make it happen.
Fortunatly the prices were too high. We couldn't just take off work for a pleasure trip anyway. My husband wanted to save his vacation time so he could see his brother when he got leave, and we didn't know when that would be. He also needed that time off to work on on our roof. Did I mention it leaks and we need to replace the whole roof, not just the shingles?
I was getting anxious, trying to take this journey back from the Lord. So, I closed the computer and then closed my eyes. "Dear Lord, if you want us to go home soon, you do it. If you want to do, you do it."
Leaving it in His hands is the hardest part. "The Lord helps those who help themselves" may not be anywhere in God's word, but it certainly is in His churches.
The following day Bryan was speaking to his parents on the phone. His brother was going to have leave earlier then anyone expected. He was coming home from Iraq next month. Now my husband did want to go back east, and next month even.
So we prayed. We prayed for plane tickets that we could afford, a good deal. We had spent around $800 last year when we bought plane tickets to fly back east. Something around that price for 4 tickets would be a good deal. So I have been looking. Searching every which way I could think of, but everything was around a thousand or more...too much. Then last night we checked and we found them, plane tickets for $875. This was more like it. But then I noticed something I hadn't even thought to ask for. A travel deal. Four round-trip tickets and a mid-size rental car (with unlimited miles), for a total price of $818. Wow, less money for more. We prayed about it, asking the Lord that if this was what he wanted us to do, that it would still be available after my husband got to speak with his supervisor today.
His supervisor O.K.d our travel dates, so I checked again today. "Thank you Lord for your provision." It was still there and one dollar less, at $817.
So we wait, and we pray for the Lord to continue this good work that he has started. To His praise and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment